Wednesday, April 28, 2010

James Luna


I have to say that when I began to research James Luna I entered his website that seemed very over done and somewhat obnoxious. Who needs all of that color and buttons?? It was not very serious and as an artist I understand that he is trying to make a statement. He has an artist statement that talks about what people think of the Native American culture and how he was going to make people realize how silly the stereotype is. He does a very good job with the piece of himself on the right. I remember Lori talking about James getting out of the coffin and taking pictures with the crowd. After seeing his website and having a better idea about how obnoxious of an individual he is I can understand what he is trying to say about it. He is kind of a silly guy. I think he is just good at poking fun at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment