Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gallery 601

About Gallery 601

Gallery 601 was established in 1981, by Terry Begg and is currently owned and operated by Terry Begg and Christine Otradovec.

Gallery 601 specializes in the retail sale of originals, graphics, fine art limited edition prints, collectable figurines and art related products. We also take great pride in providing the finest in creative custom framing to museum standards.

Over the years we have had the pleasure of having artists appear in the gallery with several artists making return visits. As a result, we are pleased to count many artists and customers as personal friends. It is the aim of Gallery 601 to continue to bring to our customers a high standard of art, through artist receptions, artists displays and community fund raising events.


A featured artist at this museum is Linda Hartough. She is amazing!! I really enjoyed her work because it is the kind of work that I myself enjoy making and also because it is so visually appealing to me. After looking at so much contemporary style of things this art brought me back home to what I love. Linda Hartough is commissioned by the United States Golf Association and the Championship Committee of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews. Her work is primarily that of golf courses and she has had work from all over the world. Her work has been at the US open and British open as well. Me, being from Coeur d'Alene, ID were golf is very very popular at least as far as tourism is concerned, this really made me think of home.

11th hole "white dogwood"





Linda Hartough is an oil painter. It is hard to tell because from a distance her paintings look like photographs. She is so very talented!! She specializes in landscapes and she is world known. I think that Boise is very lucky to have her here. She has been an artist since she was 6 years old and has been very famous since then. Her work has not only been at different golf events but also on television like ABC golf specials. Linda claims that she enjoys the painting of golf courses because of its historical value and beauty.

Pebble Beach. My first impression of the art in this museum caused be to be inspired!! I want to paint like this!! This is what I would like to do. Linda is very fortunate to have been able to make such a great career out of her gifts. I also thought to myself a lot while looking at these pieces.. "I WANT THAT!" It is kind of funny because I don't know a thing about golf. However, I think I would learn just to have these in my home.

If you have not checked out this museum yet I would recommend to anyone that you do. First thursdays are always a fun time to go check out art galleries.
I think that the currater that puts these pieces together does it in a way to sell the work at this particular museum. It is not creative or in a sense to create thought. It is more or less to show each individual art like it is its own. I am not against that for these particular works simply because I do believe that they speak for themselves. The indended audience is clearly the buyers.


No comments:

Post a Comment