Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tracey Emin


A popular exponent of postmodernism whose 1999 exhibit for the Turner Prize was 'My Bed', an installation consisting of an unmade bed, strewn with personal items like, condoms, blood-stained panties, bottles, and bedroom slippers.
I absolutely love this artist. She is kind of funny by making a universal emotion out of something. She is a pretty girl.. she uses this fact in some of her pictures. In one photo I saw on her biography she is wearing a shirt that says "This is what a feminist looks like." Her face is scrunched and she is not wearing any makeup. It is pretty funny because she has a very womanly figure and it shows. I think that she is great because she is willing to poke humor at things.
I liked her thing about the bed because I think that people can see this and see what is on and around the bed and come up to some conclusions about the person who sleeps in it. Bedrooms are a very private thing and it can show something about our true selves. Like my bed, it is not made because I am very busy most of the time and think I have better things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment