Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yoko Ono


future wife of Beatle John Lennon publishes Grapefruit (1964): A Book of Instructions and Drawings, detailing how to obtain an aesthetic experience by cutting up and eating grapefruits.

I have to say that I find her work to be crap!! I do not find any significance in it at all. Even when I was trying to find pictures online of her work I stumbled across more pictures of her. This speaks clearly about her work being a joke. She was not taken seriously herself. Instead she herself was being studied. She became famous mostly by marrying John Lennon. She did different pieces like climbing up a ladder and reading something on the ceiling. She sat in a room and cut clothing off of herself to expose herself and describe women. I truely believe she was in it for the fame and not the art itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment